- Where is Kyushu?
Japan’s third largest island, beautiful Kyushu is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Japan Sea and the East China Sea.
- Why visit Kyushu?
Boasting Japan’s greatest number of authentic hot spring sources, ‘Onsen Island’ Kyushu’s secluded spas and onsens (hot springs) are nurtured by the area’s volcanoes and dynamic nature. The island’s position as an ancient gateway to overseas has helped foster Kyushu’s rich cuisine culture, World Heritage and many other charms.
The island of Kyushu consists of seven prefectures (areas), Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki and Kagoshima. Each prefecture has its own personality and locations popular with tourists from all over the world.
The Kyushu people are famous for their warm and open personalities and the Japanese hospitality is second to none; prepare to be amazed by their devotion to customer service.
Kyushu is a wonderful island, and a wonderful holiday destination, the warmth of its people, the ease of getting around; the amazing locations all combine to provide the perfect holiday destination.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome!
- How do I visit Kyushu?
Fukuoka airport is by far the most popular airport for long-haul inbound flights to Kyushu, with direct flights to/from Amsterdam (Holland), Bangkok (Thailand), and Beijing (China) and numerous others.
From Fukuoka Airport International Terminal, accessing downtown Fukuoka and other areas of Kyushu is fast and easy.
Access from inside Japan:
- 5h9m from Tokyo by shinkansen (bullet train)
- 2h29m from Shin-Osaka by shinkansen
- 1h50m flight from Tokyo Narita Airport
- 1h10m flight from Osaka-Kansai International Airport
Access from South Korea:
- 50m flight from Pussan
- 1h20m flight from Seoul
Access from China:
- 1h30m flight from Shanghai
- 3h55m flight from Beijing
Access from Thailand:
- 5h30m flight from Bangkok
Access from Vietnam:
- 3h55m flight from Hanoi
- 7h35m flight from Ho Chi Minh (change in Seoul)
Access from Singapore:
- 6h15m flight from DFS Airport.
Access from Philippines:
- 3h40m flight from MNL Airport.
Access from Taiwan:
- 2h10m flight from Taoyuan Airport.
Access from the Netherlands:
- 10h35m flight from Amsterdam
Access from the UK:
- 13h20m flight from London Heathrow (change in Seoul)
- 14h55m flight from London Heathrow (change at Hanada Airport)
- 15h40m flight from London Heathrow (change in Amsterdam)
Access from France:
- 14h flight from Paris (change in Seoul)
Access from Germany:
- 13h30m flight from Munich (change at Hanada Airport, Tokyo)
Access from Spain:
- 14h15m flight from Barcelona (change in Amsterdam)
Access from Portugal:
- 17h15m flight from Lisbon (change in Amsterdam)
Access from Italy:
- 13h45m flight from Milan (change in Amsterdam)
Access from America:
- 16h20m flight from New York (change in Seoul)
- 14h55m flight from Los Angeles (change at Hanada Airport, Tokyo)
- 16h20m flight from Chicago (change in Seoul)
Access from Canada:
- 16h15m flight from Toronto (change at Hanada Airport, Tokyo)
- 14h25m flight from Vancouver (change at Narita Airport, Tokyo)
Access from Australia:
- 14h20m flight from Sydney (change at Narita Airport, Tokyo)
- 15h35m flight from Sydney (change in Singapore)
- 15h10m flight from Melbourne (change in Singapore)
Access from New Zealand:
- 14h45m flight from Auckland (change at Narita Airport, Tokyo)
For tourist information and inquiries, check out our Kyushu Facebook page below! Please give us a like!